The recently launched Autodesk® Structural Fabrication Suite will provide users with a comprehensive set of tools that will helps streamline BIM-based steel design, detailing and fabrication. The suite consists of the following:
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® with Advance Steel
- Autodesk® Revit®
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate
Autodesk® AutoCAD® with Advance Steel is a replacement software for the recently phased out Autodesk® AutoCAD® Structural Detailing software. It meets the increasing need for a structural detailing solution that supports a bigger range of modelling and documentation needs, without compromising on team collaboration and user productivity.
Autodesk® Advance Steel software has more advanced structural modelling and detailing capabilities, and provides tools that helps drive fabrication. Advance Steel is built on the AutoCAD® platform, providing a familiar user interface, helping to support a faster, smoother transition from AutoCAD® products.
Key benefits of Autodesk Advance Steel are:
- It integrates with Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk® Navisworks® software products for building projects.
- It integrates with Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D software with object-enabler technology and Navisworks for industrial projects
- It provides comprehensive modelling libraries of profiles and connection types
- It has highly customized for local steel standards including steel connection design
- It will help to reduce shop errors by producing NC and CNC files directly from the 3D model and connecting these models directly with leading MIS software.
- It will support collaboration in a multi-user 3D model environment
- It automatically updates and maintains revision control of documentation
The introduction of this new suite means that for the first time, users can take structural BIM models through design review and fabrication within one suite, ensuring a more efficient way to work.
This new suite will be available on Desktop subscription, making it an affordable, scalable and flexible way to work with smaller initial investment required to try out this new suite. Get in touch by email or phone; 0845 872 5555, to get a quote or ask questions.